COVID - 19 Update, March 17, 2020
Tuesday, March 17, 2020
As was relayed to the membership yesterday by email, and posting on our website, the leadership of Local 420 is continuing to closely monitor the COVID-19 Coronavirus pandemic as it unfolds.
With this monitoring in mind, and in accordance with CDC recommendations and City of Philadelphia restrictions on business activity, we have decided to undertake the following steps to comply with these restrictions, and to hopefully protect the health of our members, employees and families.
* Effective Wednesday, March 18, 2020, the Local 420 Dayroom will be closed until further notice.
* To adhere to the new City of Philadelphia restrictions on non - essential commercial business activity, our administrative staff will telecommute from home as best as possible. Far from ideal, we will work our hardest to continue service to our members, but please know that these restrictions imposed by the City of Philadelphia will cause delays and interruption to our normal daily work routines. Please bear with us as we navigate these unprecedented times.
We will continue to monitor the situation daily, and will communicate with you as needed with updates. In the interim, please follow these safety tips from the CDC:
* Clean your hands frequently with soap and warm water.
* Use hand sanitizer if necessary.
* Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
* Avoid close contact.
* Stay home if you feel sick.
* Cover your coughs and sneezes.