Special Notified Order of Business: Drive-In Contract Allocation & Ratification
Thursday, May 7, 2020
As your Business Manager, I am writing to notify all Building Trades Members, Mechanical Equipment Service Members, Gas Distribution Members and Instrument Technician members of a Special Notified Order of Business: Contract Drive-In Ratification and Allocation vote to be held on Local 420 Union premises on Thursday, May 28, 2020 between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m.
In order to conform with CDC and social distancing guidelines, and city and state requirements, there is to be no loitering before or after voting on union property.
More specific information is contained in the links below, but here is a summary.
- Members will "drive up" to register and receive a ballot on the school side of the building.
- After registering and receiving your ballot, members will proceed ahead to drop your ballot in the ballot box.
- You MUST have your union card to receive a ballot - no exceptions.
- You must remain in your vehicle through the voting process to observe social distancing guidelines.
- After voting, you will proceed around the back of the building and exit through the first driveway entrance - nice and simple.
- Electec Election Services, the company that handles our union elections, will handle this voting process. They will provide us with certified voting results after vote tabulation.
This special drive-in vote is only open to the classifications listed above; BTJ and MES apprentices in their 7th thru 10th periods are permitted to vote.
Click here to view the original ratification and allocation letter.
Click here to view the Drive-In Ratification and Allocation Vote Notice.
Click here to view the BTJ, GDD and IT members sample ballot.
Click here to view the MESJ and MESS members sample ballot.